Meet the Team
Dr Dominic Kelly
Dr Kelly is a heart specialist and works as a Consultant Cardiologist at Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (Basingstoke & North Hampshire, Royal Hampshire County Hospital Winchester and Andover War Memorial Hospital)
- Trained in the management of a wide breadth of cardiac conditions
- Hospital lead for pacemakers and advanced cardiac devices
- Graduated from Liverpool Medical School with Honours
- Also holds a 1st Class BSc. Degree in Clinical Pharmacology (The study of how drugs work)
- Higher Medical Doctorate Research Degree awared via Leicester University for his work on how certain chemicals affect the heart after a heart attack leading to impairment of heart function and heart failure
- Previously worked as a British Heart Foundation research fellow
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians (London)
- Included on the GMC specialist register for Cardiology
- Numerous publications in national and international medical journals
- BUPA approved & registered with most medical insurance companies
Originally from "up north", Dominic now lives locally in Otterbourne and is married with 3 young children. He enjoys trying to stay fit through the gym, running and 5 a side football, although admits that having small children makes this more difficult
Dr Michaela Scheuermann-Freestone
Dr Scheuermann-Freestone is a Consultant Cardiologist and works at the Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust in Basingstoke and Winchester. Apart from looking after patients with all general cardiology issues, she specialises in imaging and provides state-of-the-art transthoracic and transoesophageal echocardiography, stress echocardiography, cardiac MRI and cardiac CT.
Initially, she did her undergraduate training at the University of Heidelberg, Germany, and did her higher degree of an MD at the Charité in Berlin, Germany, before doing a PhD at the University of Oxford in cardiac MRI.In that context, she trained in cardiac MRI at the Royal Brompton Hospital in London and at the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford. Before embarking back into clinical life, she spent some time in academic Cardiology and has numerous publications particularly in cardiac MRI.
Her clinical training in Cardiology was performed in the Wessex Deanery including Winchester, Basingstoke, Salisbury and Southampton, and she held an Imaging Fellowship at the University of Southampton. She is on the Specialist Register for Cardiology with the GMC. She is a member of the British Cardiovascular Society, the British Society of Echocardiography, the British Society of Cardiovascular Imaging and the British and International Society of Cardiac Magnetic Resonance, respectively. She is part of the working group of Women in Cardiology of the British Cardiovascular Society.
Outside work, she spends her free time with her husband who is a principal lecturer at Kingston University in Surrey and with her 2 children, shuttling around school, homework and extra-curricular activities. Apart from that, she tries to make time for cooking and baking and for playing tennis and squash as well as the Zumba classes she enjoys. She is fluent in English, German, French and Italian and enjoys travelling with her family.
Mrs Ruth Bonner
Having previously worked as an NHS cardiology PA, Ruth now concentrates her time on management of patients (and doctors!) in the private sector.